A disability is only such if it is disabling. And if it only impacts one environment, like school, but they are creative, intelligent people generally speaking, is it the child or the environment? If you take a person and change the environment or the teaching style or the focus, is there still a problem? Experts are finally starting to recognize that maybe they were wrong about those with “learning disabilities.” Maybe it’s a difference in learning versus a disability? Maybe indeed! Here are some posts to ponder:
Top Posts & Pages
- An Introduction to the Creative Right-Brained Learner
- Sight Word or Phonics?
- The Natural Learning Development for Right-Brained Children
- Right-Brained Math: Concepts to Facts
- Dyslexia or Right-Brained Dominant?
- My Readers Ask: Silent Reading versus Reading Aloud
- Your Child Might Be Right-Brained If ...
- Comparing Apples to Oranges